The USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and Virginia Tech recently released five fact sheets on tall fescue. Each are just 1 page (front and back) and contain valuable information on understanding and managing novel endophyte tall fescue. They are:
- Fescue toxicosis – What it is and how it costs you
- Strategies to mitigate tall fescue toxicosis
- Sample tall fescue for endophytes and alkaloids
- Converting from wildtype to novel tall fescue
- Managing novel tall fescue for persistence
These fact sheets were were developed as part of a Conservation Innovation Grant through the Natural Resource Conservation Service.
The Alliance for Grassland Renewal is a national organization focused on enhancing the appropriate adoption of novel endophyte tall fescue technology through education, incentives, self-regulation and promotion. For more resources or to learn more about the Alliance for Grassland Renewal, go to www.grasslandrenewal.org