We want to remind you that the International Grassland Congress will be held in Covington Kentucky, May 14-19, 2023. This is the first time this international conference will be hosted in the US since 1981. Funding is available to help cover your expenses to attend this conference. The registration cost is $600 for the entire time or $200 per day. The National Cattleman’s Beef Association offers scholarships to producers through the Rancher Resiliency Grant program. You can apply and should be approved to receive up to $1,622 to cover/reimburse your expenses related to attending the event. Here is the link with details to the grant information: https://www.ncba.org/producers/rancher-resilience-grant.
The Alliance for Grassland Renewal is hosting a workshop during the IGC entitled “A Model to Reduce and Eliminate Endophyte Toxicities in Temperate Pastures.” Topics and speakers include:
- History of Endophytic Toxicosis and Novel Variety Solutions – Joe Bouton
- Future Role of Epichloe Endophytes in Temperate Pasture Environments – John Caradus
- Operational Model of the Alliance for Grassland Renewal – Craig Roberts and John Andrae
- Quality Control Standards – Nick Hill and Tony Stratton
- Economics and Other Factors Limiting Adoption of Novel Endophyte Technology – Matt Poore
- Practical Experiences That Have Led to a Resilient Organization. Panel of the previous speakers moderated by Krista Lea
The workshop is currently scheduled for the afternoon of Thursday, May 18th The full program and meeting information can be found here.
The Alliance for Grassland Renewal is a national organization focused on enhancing the appropriate adoption of novel endophyte tall fescue technology through education, incentives, self-regulation and promotion. For more resources or to learn more about the Alliance for Grassland Renewal, go to www.grasslandrenewal.org